Career Countdown Conference
The Career Countdown Conference is a one-day event open to all Level 2, 3 and 4 Social Sciences students and aimed at providing support toward the successful transition from your undergraduate degree to career-related employment.
Registration closes Monday, November 7th, 2016 at 4:00 p.m.
"Registration fee is payable only by credit card and non-refundable"
Date: Saturday November 12 2016
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (registration opens at 8:15 a.m.)
Main Location: CIBC Hall (3rd floor, MUSC)
Attend dynamic and interactive sessions, facilitated by staff and external professionals.
Sessions are aimed at providing you with an advantage as you begin to prepare for your job search and take the next steps towards your future career!
Session topics include:
- Steps to Successful Networking
- Effective Job Search Techniques
- Crafting Powerful Resumes
- Success in Interviews
- HR Recruiters Panel: What are they looking for?
- Using Social Media in Job Searching
- Writing Stand Out Cover letters
Other conference highlights include:
- photo session: get a professional head shot taken
- lunch-hour peer networking
- swag bags for all attendees with free stuff, career resources and information about employers interested in hiring Social Sciences grads
- continental breakfast and lunch
- fantastic door prizes
Business casual dress is required.
Please direct any questions to:
905-525-9140 ext. 21372
This event is brought to you by the Office of Experiential Education with the sponsorship support of the Faculty of Social Sciences and the McMaster Social Sciences Society (MSSS)