Share and Gain Knowledge
"The program has had a positive impact on the Hamilton Tax Service Office by allowing us the chance to provide students with insight into working for the federal government and effectively promotes the CRA as a future employer.
The program also offers our existing staff the opportunity to not only share their knowledge but also to gain knowledge and perspective from students who consistently demonstrate that they are dedicated, enthusiastic and professional.
The program effectively promotes the image of the CRA as an employer of choice to the post-secondary community. "
- Tony Prosia, Director of the Hamilton Tax Services Office
Job shadowing provides a unique recruiting opportunity
Career Placements are extended job shadow opportunities where students connect with various staff holding different roles within a workplace with the goal of learning more about careers in that industry. These are unpaid, competitive placements for students, generally lasting 2-4 hours per week over a 4-6 week period. Each week, students meet with different staff members and/or departments within a workplace to gain an understanding of various professions within a field.
Career Placements can provide your organization an opportunity to:
- connect with enthusiastic students who may become future employees, volunteers or advocates;
- allow staff to share their knowledge, skills and enthusiasm;
- educate students about your organization and the important contributions you make to the community; and,
- provide mentorship and encouragement to eager and motivated students.
Career Placements provide students an opportunity to:
- be exposed to professionals that are currently working in a career field that is of interest to them;
- increase their knowledge about various career options within a particular field;
- make more informed decisions about whether a certain career is "right" for them; and,
- see first-hand how classroom learning can apply to work-related settings.