Career Networking Breakfast
Connect with industry professionals
This event provides Social Sciences students in Level III, IV, or graduate studies with the opportunity to learn about potential career paths and the value of a Social Sciences degree by connecting them with a variety of industry professionals from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors.
Date: Friday, January 27, 2017
Time: 8:30 -11 a.m.
Location: McMaster University, MUSC CIBC Hall, 3rd Floor
Dress Code: Business Casual
Register in person in KTH 102, Monday - Friday 9 a.m.-12 noon, 1-4 p.m. A $20 deposit (cash only) is required upon registration. This deposit will be returned to those students who attend the full duration of the scheduled time on the day of the event.
Registration now closed.
8:30 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:50 a.m. Welcome Address
9:00 a.m. Networking Roundtables
10:55 a.m. Closing Remarks
Please Note: Due to the nature of the event and the guest speakers attending the event, students who arrive any later than 8:50 a.m. will NOT be permitted to enter the event. Students who attend are also expected to stay for the FULL duration of the event.
Industry professionals from a variety of areas will be present for roundtable career conversations.
- Academia – Assistant Professor, School of Geography & Earth Sciences, McMaster University
- Business & Economic Development – President & CEO, Hamilton Chamber of Commerce
- Communications & Public Relations – Public Relations & Social Media Specialist, UPS Canada
- Counselling – Mental Health Counsellor, Hamilton Family Health Team
- Environment & Sustainability – Manager, Strategy Development & Corporate Sustainability, Greater Toronto Airports Authority
- Finance & Banking – Analyst, Global Transaction Banking, TD Securities
- Government & Policy – Strategic Initiative & Policy Advisor, Mayor’s Office, City of Hamilton
- Graduate Studies – Admissions and Recruitment Officer, School of Graduate Studies, McMaster University
- Health Administration – Director, Strategy & Optimization, Hospital for Sick Children
- Human Resources – Manager, Environmental Health and Safety, Molson Coors Canada
- Law – Employment and Labour Lawyer, Keyser Mason Ball LLP
- Not-for-Profit Business & Relationship Management – Manager, Resource Development, Habitat for Humanity Hamilton
- Social Services – Director, Women’s Services, Good Shepherd Centres
Career Networking Breakfast Prep Workshops
Workshops are offered to provide registered students with more information regarding event logistics and to best prepare students to get the most out of attending the Networking Breakfast and Career Conversations.
All students registered for the Career Networking Breakfast are strongly encouraged to attend ONE of the following prep workshops.
Register for the Prep Workshop Today!
Date 1: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 1:30 p.m. – 2:20 p.m.
Date 2: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. – 11:20 p.m.
Date 3: Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. – 4:20 p.m.
Topics for discussion include:
- What to expect at the Networking Breakfast
- Dressing for Success
- Networking Dos and Don’ts
- Overview of appropriate questions to ask during networking
- Tips & advice
Space is limited to 15 students per workshop. Undergraduate students register through OSCARplus. Graduate students register through firstname.lastname@example.org. Please register early for your preferred session date and time.